Feature Story 4
This week One Man and a Hammer brings to you a renovated kitchen they completed in Mentor, OH!
- The kitchen was a throw back to the 80′s! The appliances and materials were dated, the fridge next to the dining room entryway caused congestion, and the sheet vinyl flooring looked tired. Also, the partitioned wall between the kitchen and dining room prevented ongoing conversation to be had between the cook and guests.
The finished kitchen has a contemporary look thanks to the following changes:
- Oak cabinetry in rich espresso, adding a sense of comfort and warmness to the room.
- River White granite countertops with dark speckles lightens the space but ties in nicely with the dark cabinetry.
- The white china double bowl kitchen sink is spacious and any cook or mother’s dream.
- The Bianco Avante mosiac tile backsplash also helps lighten the area and adds another layer of texture.
- All appliances are stainless steel.
- Maple Fruitwood floor ties the color scheme together and creates an open floor look since it flows into every room on the first floor.
- Prior to the remodel, the dining room was partitioned off of the kitchen, exuberated maroon, and had older tan carpet.
- After the remodel, the full wall was cut down opening up the dining room to the kitchen, allowing for conversation to be had between the cook and company. Other changes made include:
- A new stainless steel exhaust hood placed over the a stainless steel stove.
- The walls gleamed with Sierra Hills tan paint.
- A new light fixture was placed over a now circular table.
- Prior to the remodel, the family room featured tan carpet, lacked a ceiling fan for air circulation, and was poorly lit.
After the remodel:
- Recessed lights were added.
- Air circulation was attained by adding a ceiling fan.
- The wood floor from the kitchen carried over creating a unified space.
- The half-bath off the foyer hall contained its original cabinetry, tired wallpaper and a basic rectangular mirror.
- Now the lighting is brighter thanks to a 3-sconce light placed above an oval vanity mirror. It allows all the newly renovated aspects in the bathroom to really shine!
ATTRACTIVE * MODERN * REFINED OPEN * CHARMING * FUNCTIONAL