Bathroom Remodeling Self-Planner
In order to get you through the initial planning of your remodeling project we’ve put together a basic bathroom remodeling planner (below) that you can use to help you get started. We hope you find some value in it.
A more complete and comprehensive planner is available now and it’s yours free for the asking.
Have additional questions? Give one of our bathroom remodeling specialists a call and we’ll be happy to answer those questions and provide you with additional guidance if need be. A project like this requires a lot of thought and effort and we want the process to be as painless as possible no matter who you choose as your contractor.
Basic bathroom remodeling planner
Hire A Contractor:
- Use Angie’s List to search for reviews, ratings, and licensing of local bathroom remodeling contractors in your area.
- Interview contractors to find out relevant background information. Be sure to ask about their experience on projects similar to yours and also whether or not they have in-house employees or subcontractors (this makes a huge difference).
- Verify the contractors’ state license. This can be done using Angie’s List License Check tool.
- If required, check their contractor or trade license.
- Verify their references from previous bathroom remodeling jobs and ask relevant questions.
Thoroughly Examine the Contract:
- Make sure the contract contains the following elements:
- Detailed description of the whole project.
- All materials to be used.
- Brand-names of products.
- Quality level of all materials.
- Person responsible for pulling permits and submitting paperwork for inspections, if necessary.
- A timeline showing the start and finish dates for each phase and the project as a whole.
- Payment amounts and due dates for each.
- The contractor’s insurance coverage information and property damage liability.
- Warranties and guarantees on both craftsmanship and the final product.
- A lien waiver for material suppliers or subcontractors.